Tuesday 10 January 2012

I need to get my life in order!

Im trying to get back on plan this week properly this just isn’t happening. Teachers at sixth form have a habit coming up to exams and during exam season to load you with sweets and cake for “motivation” or “brain food” as they call it. Basically just a little bribe to get you to do that mock test and sit in silence for an hour or to get you to do that bit extra revision.

I don’t know if there are any other students that read this but I don’t know about you guys, I’m really struggling to get motivated at home. Before I leave sixth form I have brilliant plans to go home and sit and do like an hours psychology revision then maybe a break and then a maths paper or something along those lines. It just however isn’t happening. I can’t motivate myself.
 
I keep thinking back to how I motivated myself to stay on plan at the very start but for me it all just seemed to click into place. I never needed much motivation other than that image of me when I got to target and I look now how I imagined I wanted to look so I’ve lost my motivation. (Sorry if this blog post sounds a bit like I’m just blabbing on but it’s my way of doing things)

Yes I want to go to university to study Food & Consumerism but I just cannot motivate myself to do any extra work to get the grades I need and yes Im getting stressed out over the fact. I have had an offer from my top choice university and it seems too good to be true as they only want low grades but I know full well I can do a lot better than that. It just seems like when I finally get round to doing stuff in the day there is hardly any time left in the day or Im practically dead on my feet that I don’t bother anyways.

Wow its one stressful time of year. Im sat writing this thinking well I could have just done half an hours psychology revision but then it’s the whole angel and the devil battle once again saying oh well you have free periods in the morning so you don’t need to do any now but then the angel saying but its you’re A Levels you need to do some work. Urgh so stressful. I cant wait till all my exams are finished and then at university at least I will only have one subject to concentrate on.

Im also finding it hard to sleep on a night which isn’t helping. Last night I woke up really hot and scared. As far as I can recall I had a nightmare but I cant remember what that nightmare was about which is really quite annoying as I cant convince myself everything will be okay.

I cant wait till February when all these exams (at least for now) will be over with and I can re gain my work life balance and I can get back on track. For now though Im sticking with my target weight at Slimming World and just seeing how things go then once exams are finished I will think about adjusting it and lowering it slightly.

Any tips on getting through this period would be great fully received. Thank you & Good luck to everyone else with exams
J

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment